Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sneak Peak; "Anita, the first encounter"

A woman with a fancy dress was approaching. She had silver-bluish grey hair with a wing tail, and Lucite framed glasses. Her dress was a pearl grey color, puffy around the shoulders and tight at the waist. She had beads or pearls on, high heels, and she looked like my aunts did when they went to a bar-mitzvah or some other celebration. Dad was so happy to see her; he let go of my hand and went to her. She gave him a peck on the cheek and they hugged quickly. Daddy turned to me. I was standing so still and feeling all alone, unsure at that moment. He said, "Libbe, say hello to Anita". I looked up at him and then to her, and paused. Her eyes looked so evil even though she was smiling at me. It was a crooked smile, not like the smiles of Auntie Rose and my other aunts that lit up the room. After daddy repeated "Libbe, say hello to Anita...please." I said softly "...hello" and then went behind daddy who beckoned me to come back in front of him

No comments:

Post a Comment